Monday, August 6, 2012

Renewed Efforts

One year ago I was writing every day.  Not here ~ on the CaringBridge site for Fr. Valker.  Maybe I shouldn't call it writing.  Mostly I quoted others ~ poets, philosophers even comedians ~ in an effort to make sure that Father always had something new to read if he looked at the site, and so that he would always know that those of us who were not able to visit never stopped thinking about him.  After he died, I set up this blog but truly never felt compelled to write ~ until now.  I don't understand why, but now is the time.

This has been a summer of great extremes ~ and I don't just mean the weather.  Births & deaths, weddings & funerals, homecomings and leave takings.  It has been a joy and a heart break to walk through the events of this summer with people that I love.  The world is a different place without Andrew, Billy, Ryan & Kyle but for the people who shared their journey you are who you are for having known them.

If we listen to Glinda (yes, the good witch) we can learn:
" . . . people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn.  And we are led to those who help us most to grow. . . Who can say if I've been changed for the better?  But because I knew you, I have been changed for good."  ("For Good" from the musical Wicked)

If you are reading this I can probably say "because I KNOW you I am being changed for good".  As the new semester starts and I really start a new journey (I know, we all thought I started 3 years ago but that was kind of a false start) I hope to share the road with you.  Thank you for coming into my life ~ whatever the reason.  Bring me what I need to learn, help me to grow.

Join me in the mornings.

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific! I am up at 5:45am, but not usually on line! Good Luck with the Daily blog.
    Here's my thought for this Monday:
    Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.
    Alexander Graham Bell
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete