Thursday, October 27, 2011

Well Done Good and Faithful Servant

Today we finished the work of praying Fr. Valker home to God.  He is at rest.
 Now we start the work of living lives that will exemplify what he did for us ~ each of us individually, for our community of St. Norbert and for the greater community to which we all belong.  How will I continue the legacy that he left me?  Right now I can't answer that for as happy as I am that his journey has reached this milestone, my heart has an empty spot that will take some time to fill.  So I will reflect on the words of John Muir and think about the beauty of life and death.

"Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.

Good bye my friend, my encouragement, my mentor, my priest.  Rest in your true home!

No comments:

Post a Comment