Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Giving

I looked back this morning to see what I had written to Fr. Valker on August 8th last year.  I was hoping I had written something really profound and insightful that I could reflect on a year later.  Here's what I wrote:

"Bone Marrow biopsies are still no fun but you're practically a pro now.  Pay attention when they make the slides and I can get you a part time job when you're ready for something new!
"Last week was my regular donation time, so maybe mine was in the blood bank at Northwestern today when they reached into the fridge for you!"

So, profound and insightful?  Not really, unless you or someone you know needs a blood transfusion today.  Funny, but I'm just back to regular donations since my surgery in January and last Thursday was my "regular donation time".

So, nothing profound today except maybe to think about your blood being in the fridge when someone you love needs it.  And if you're wearing a Compassion It bracelet you can turn it over after you donate!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good on day 3! Acts of love, friendship and kindness are always profound and provide great insight into God's love. "To love another person is to see the face of God" Le Miserable

    ReplyDelete