Saturday, October 13, 2012

One year . . . 12 months . . . 52 weeks . . . 365 days

No matter how you count it a year has passed since we were sitting "vigil" with our dear Fr. Valker as he walked his path to heaven.  In two short weeks we will mark the first anniversary of his home going.  Much has changed in that year ~ in our parish and in my home.  Fr. Bill has moved on to pastor the people of St. Joan of Arc parish.  We've sent more good people home to God including three that I still argue went too soon.  Friends have lost friends.  People have come into my life and one can even understand my "rocky days".  My daughter left to pursue a Master's degree at the University of North Carolina and my son came home to find his path.  I'm back in school after a short medical break and working on a new direction.  But some things are still the same ~ I still have a wonderful friend and mentor who continues to guide & inspire me.  I'm still employed (and having a great time with my job!).  I'm surrounded by people who love me.


One year . . . 12 months . . . 52 weeks . . . 365 days


Here's what I wrote to Fr. Valker one year ago today.  Again the weather has changed, still the words ring true.

Good Morning Fr. Valker!
Even tho the weather has changed, I hope there is still sunshine in your room in the faces of your friends & family.  Please know that every thought of you brings a smile to my face ~ sometimes a little bit of a sad smile but a smile nonetheless.  You know, Mother Teresa had something to say about smiling:

"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."

So today I send my smiles to you and your family and the people taking care of you and especially to Fr. Bob, Fr. Bill & Fr. Mueller because I know that as solid as they all seem, they could probably use a little "action of love" and a little "gift". 


If you are reading this, I send my smiles to you as an action of love and a gift to you.  If you are reading this always remember that you are important, that you count, that you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment